I just have to say, that when things get going, they can go pretty fast. On Tues. July 28th the sheetrockers put up sheeting for the stairwell and the next day our contractor came and put the basement steps in. SO excited, but nervous to let my kids get any where near it.
The Brickers came Wed and got things set up, but we didn't have a 220 amp service so they couldn't get started. We had arranged to have the power company come on Friday, so they said they would be back. Lucky for us, I got a phone call Thursday morning saying the Power company would be over to hook it up by 11:00. Cameron grabbed some donuts and a pack of Pepsi and we met them over at the house as they were finishing. Thanks Grandpa Herb for the Sodie Pop on your front porch and all the chocolate. That meant we had to hussle and finish putting up the remaining house rap and we called the brickers to come as soon as they could. They were awesome, showing up at 6:00 Friday morning and getting right to work. They said it would take two weeks, and to the day, they were finished. It's beautiful and I'm so happy the price was right so I can live maintenance free for a long time.
On the same Friday our Contractor showed back up and finished putting in our stairway and landing for upstairs. He also started to work on our fireplace. He came back right before our 4-way inspection and finished putting things together so we could pass. Needless to say, it took us a while to get all the little things done, like power for the garage door openers and the doorbell, but we passed our second 4-way inspection on the 14th of August. The insulators started working on the following Monday, and my camera's going crazy, so I don't have any pictures of that one. It's done now and we are on to sheetrock!



1 comment:
I love your brick.. and yeah for power!
Post a Comment