Thursday, September 24, 2009

"No" and the impressive new vocab

Emmaline has discovered the word "no" within the last few days and with it she has become, well, different. For starters, when I ask her to come, she backs away and tells me no. She has also discovered how to throw a fit, even if it's something she normally wants to. I've been hit in the face, chased her across the lawn, and stuck the poor cutie in time-out way too much for this guilty mother. What happened to my mellow, "sure Mom, I'd love to give that to you" princess? Alas, she must have decided that she's almost two so she'd better start acting like it.

On a happier note.

Cameron and I had to do some major house stuff. (He took off for two weeks, and I'm glad we're done with that.) Because we were going to be working all day, my Mom took Emma for a week. On my way to pick her up in Beaver the next Saturday I was talking with my oldest sis and she told me she'd watch James and Emma while we painted. Other than we had no clothes for James, it was perfect. Emma even waved goodbye to me and blew me a kiss when I left. I was kinda wishing she needed me a little bit more.

Both she and James had a blast and Aunt LaNae's house. She loves her Charlee and Sami and especially Nae Nae. James was in love with his Aunt "DaNae", as he calls her. She bought him a hat, cool shoes, and a motorcycle mans. He cried when she went out to dinner without him and really wanted her to take him home. Thanks family for taking my cute kids. I'm still majorly impressed at how well Emma did. She wasn't even clingy when she got home, however, I do think she's letting me have it for sending her away, just in her own unique way.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Hey! I saw you had a blog from facebook. I love blogging too. You have SUCH a beautiful family. Your kids look like they are all close in age. You must be superwoman! That's awesome. Congrats on the new one on the way!