This is my little man. I love him. He drives me crazy and makes me proud. This past fall when things were so very dry, our Stake had a fast for moisture. We discussed this with our kids, hoping that our eldest wouldn't grumble so much if she understood what we were doing. My little man listened in and piped up that he wanted to fast. If it met helping his Grandpa's Herb and Close, as well as uncle Glen and all the farmers in the neighborhood, then he wanted to help. We let him know he wasn't obligated (he was only 6) but we would love him to join us.
His prayers were said, and without a complaint, he willingly fasted for it to rain. It seemed just hours and the weather forecast predicted storms. A few days later when the Heaven's opened, my little boy said, "See Mom. I fasted and Heavenly Father gave us rain. I'm so glad I fasted."
I'm so grateful for that little miracle. That he now knows prayers are answered and someone cares and listens to him. He is so strong and gets stronger everyday. I'm grateful for my little boy. Even when sacrament meeting feels like a bust, I know his seed has been planted and it continues to grow. I'm excited to see who he is growing up to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment