Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just one Saturday

We've been spending a lot of Saturday's (and Friday's) either helping Cameron's sister get into her new house, or cleaning and de-junking our house and shed. Last week Cameron went to find our contractor to ask him some questions and left me home with the kids while I cleaned some more. I decided to tackle Emma's room before she napped. She hated being in her crib, so I put her in her window sill (which is about two feet thick, I'm not crazy, totally) and let her hang out while I vacuumed and put things away. After about ten minutes I was ready to wipe her window sill and ran to get the magic eraser, only to frantically return to her screaming. Yes, she reached for something and fell right onto my vacuum attactment. The worst part was seeing the blood pooling and dripping down her face. Mom stress time kicked in as I tried to determine if I needed to get her stiches, so I called Cameron, who left the phone at home. Ahh. So I call my friend who's a nurse and it's busy, and my other friend who's a nurse is working up in Heber. So I load us all into the car, mind we are still in our PJ's and I haven't done anything to myself all morning, and drive to my friend's where I have her come to my car and give me her best opinion. Yep, she needs to go the hospital. So, I ride around town looking for my husband and spot his truck over at our friends. It was basically a "Hey honey, Emma cut her eye open and I need to take her to the emergency room. I need you to come and watch the other two." So he came home and I ran to the hospital.

Lucky for me, I have the BEST baby in the world. She was so tired, but was so sweet despite. They made me hold her down with another nurse and after just a second, she quit squirming and just laid there why they cleaned her up and glued the eye shut. She was so amazing. Here's a picture of my little cutie when I got back home.
Poor little black eye. I been getting some great gasp's all week, and yes, you really probably shouldn't leave your baby unattended, because 18 inches with a metal vacuum part at the bottom can be quite the ordeal.
What it looked like by Tuesday. Now it is looking much better.

Here's a picture of my cuties eating ice cream before bedtime.Emma, loves to eat icecream all by herself. Mmm, that's making me kind of want some right now.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

How rotten! Poor Mommy! I love the pic of them all eating ice cream in a row. Oh and the title picture is so cute too!

Shallon Payne Engle said...

Glad that she is ok! We all have to have a few accidents!

Jessica, Skippy and the Crew said...

Nonie, that is a sad, but funny story. She looks very cute with a black eye. I can only laugh, because I had to get Gage stitches when Brett wasn't home either. Glad you two are ok!

ALICIA said...

Poor little darlin'. I'm glad she's ok.

Emma J said...

Ouch! When Isaac was that age he rolled off my bed - onto the spool-holder on my sewing machine. He still has a little scar right above his eyebrow. I don't know who has it hardest - moms or their babies!

Haven said...

Poor little thing, but what a trooper! Glad everything was okay with her!

Anonymous said...

Your poor little cutie pie!!! Just tell her when she's older that battle wounds are the coolest!! Glad she's doing better! & I'm totally with you about wanting some ice cream now after seeing the picture of all your little sweethearts chowin' down!!!