Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So, I was saying

James cracks me up. The kids says the cutest things, and in the cutest ways. I love it when he tells me stories about the things he doing, seen, or experienced. They never cease to make me just want to laugh. On Sunday Cameron and I were hanging out in our room in between his meetings and James comes in. We were asking him if he was tired. He crawled up next to me on the bed and said, "Nope, I'm just be-laxing with you." Belaxing? Seriously? So stinkin' cute! For the rest of the day Cameron and I kept asking each other if we wanted to belax. Love him.

Then I drove to my mom's and then to my sister's in Vegas. James was killing me. It wasn't "Mom are we there yet?" but ended up more along the questioning of "Are we getting closer to St. George?" "Where's the Temple?" "Are you driving fast Mom?" "Slow down so we don't get pulled over, okay Mom." "I don't like to look at cows." "Is dat Beafer (beaver) Mom?" "I'm going to take a little nap, okay mom." After answering all of his inquisitions, the little stinker was good for a few seconds and then start all over again. I was pretty close to beating the child, but refrained and kept on the answering his questions.

Today I went on a hike with my sisters and their kids and had a blast. Mind you, things are a little complicated when all you have is a front pack for 20 something pound 18 month old and have to hold the hand of a cute little three year old up a rocky path, up the side of hill and then through a cave. He was such a trooper though. On the way back he kept talking about bringing his daddy back and going to the cave again. He thought it was so cool. Near the end of the hike the poor thing was starting to melt down a little bit. I asked him if he was tired and he told me "Mom, can I just have a nap?" Oh, you can't resist. I wish that I could have carried him back to the car he was so sweet. He made it and I can't wait to hear what he has to say next.

2 comments:

Richins Family said...

Your kids are so cute! That little guy of your sounds like a doll! I hope that all is well with your family! It looks like things are great on your blog! I am excited to keep in touch!

Sheryl said...

What a cute kid! They say the funniest things--huh?