Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bad Friday

Friday was not such a great day for Emma, she had fun, but had a few hiccups along the way. First I found this,
yes that is a tick! I was singing with my friend Angie at the piano and I noticed what I thought was some food stuck in Emmaline's hair. She kept moving around, but I finally pulled it free to discover it was a nasty tick with a chunk of her skin still in its maws. So grossed out, and I write this, I'm still disgusted. I have no idea where it came from, but am happy to say it has been disposed of.

Next we decided to go spend a night at the cabin. It's only 20 minutes away, but we haven't gone and spent the night in a a couple of years. We went up and roasted hot dogs and went for a ride and then came back and built a fire in the stove. That's where this little, okay big, owie occurred.
Emma was walking by the stove when she stumbled and her poor little hand brushed down the side. OUCH! She only cried for a second until we got her hand in some cold water. I was really nervous because the skin was all white and shriveled up. The next morning she had a ginormous blister on it, and unfortunately it popped before we got her home, even with bandaids and a sock over it to protect it. I called my cute friend Kelli and she told me the stuff to buy and now we have her all bandaged up. She hasn't complained either and still goes about life as usual. Oh, and we did have a great time at the cabin. Wish we could have stayed longer. It was absolutely beautiful and so peaceful. Sorry no pics. I forgot my camera. Go figure.

1 comment:

~Kreitzers said...

Not a good day for poor Emma. I thought, when I first looked at your post, that the second pic was of a reaction to the tick. CRAZY two accidents in one day :(