Tonight I decided to keep with tradition. It was a little hard since we've been working on the house all day and didn't get home until 6, but we made it work. Hannah was fabulous, and it was great to not have James to distract from getting "beautiful". She blew dry her hair and put on one of her favorite dresses. She was really into the dressing up part and wanted me to wear my polka-dot dress. I declined, but did dress up a little. We go our little Emma ready and Hannah applied her stick-on earrings and made sure she had a little mascara to match mine. Then we were off. We decided to head to Winger's because she wanted "kid" food. :) She cracks me up. I had so much fun. Emma was a sweetie and Hannah's just a hoot. She was watching a softball game on the t.v. and started asking me all sorts of questions. I'm thinking she might need to hang out with some of my much more athletic sisters-in-law for some help there.
After dinner, we headed over to the movie gallery and she got to pick out a Barbie movie. She was so excited. Unfortunately, I had to go to the bathroom BAD. So I made her just hurry and we ran to Wal-mart. We got some shopping done, had fun wandering the store, let her pick out a matching shirt for her and Emma, and decided that the little metal rings I'm supposed to buy for her school project have already been depleted by the parents who came over the week.
When we got home (9:30) I quickly put my sleepy baby to bed and Hannah and I put our groceries away so we could watch her movie and paint nails. I totally forgot my DVD player is on the fritz and doesn't work, so I put it in the computer, but the DVD was so scratched it was driving us crazy. She finally just said, "Can I go to bed mom?" Sure thing, so I actually took a minute to paint my nails and write something on my blog. Moral of the story: Spending the night together while the boys enjoy their bonding time is priceless. Hannah wants to know if we can go on a date tomorrow night, and is sad the boys will be back. She wishes the time would just keep going, and I kind of wish it would too, but only just a little. Can't wait till next year!
5 comments:
You are such a fun mom!
We had that same tradition growing up, in fact it was this weekend too, but I missed hanging out with my sisters. Hope this baby is a boy so Ammon will have someone to take and Paige and I can have girls night too. You have such a cute family.
How fun! We ended up buying some flowers & planting them. It was a nice, relaxing night & the boys had a great time too.
What a fun girls night!!! You're such a great mom! P.S. LOVED Hannah's hat for hat day! You're so creative too!!!
Nonie you need to come visit me next time you come to your mom's! I am at my parents house. I love fathers and sons also ...we had a princess party. The time spent together is so special!
Post a Comment