Thursday, May 28, 2009

"My feet are big" and we got the walls up

Cameron spent all day Friday with his dad getting ready to put up our walls. They marked EVERYTHING and made boxes for above the doors and windows, and then they assembled the front and back walls. The two outside walls would be put together after the other two were raised. The only downfall to the weekend was the forecast of some really ugly water. Thanks Mike and Sarah for making the trip anyway. When the rain slackened a little during the morning we ran over to put the walls up. Thanks vipir on our local weather link. We called a whole bunch of people and had about 10 people lift the walls. Sorry no pics, I helped.

The North wall, and the heaviest.

Putting up the front wall. It was in pieces because of the bay windows.
Mike stuck around and braved the weather and Glen and his son Hagen came over for a minute and we able to put up the two outside walls. We came twice from the rainstorms. The last time Cameron had pretty much ridden off the day, but Mother nature took pity on us and allowed us clear skies from about 3:30 on. In the time we were able to put up most of the interior walls. Such a fun and wet day. I'm so excited things are coming together and our paper dream in starting to take shape. So far, no walls have had to be moved, yet.
One thing you have to love/hate about the place I live is our dirt. If I were to live somewhere based on the soil, this would be the last place I would pick, because our soil in CLAY. Icky, nasty clay. It is either as hard as concrete, fine as baby powder, or stickier than tar. Add that to a rainstorm and you get my favorite quote of the day. "Mom, my feet are big!" Oh, I love James. For every step you took, about a 1/4 inch would stick to your shoe. I kept trying to keep his feet clean, but at one point he couldn't walk anymore and would just fall down. Love that boy! earlier in the day, before the rains really came down.


Before I took him home.


2 comments:

Kristy said...

Does this mean there's a big party at your house when your all done? Is Cam still working full time and doing this as well? You two are amazing. Love keeping up on your life. It's fun to see the progress of the house...fun stuff!

ALICIA said...

Woo Hoo!!! Lookin' good!!!