The day after we got our joist's all ready to go we started to put the sheeting down on the floor. We were a little nervous about the weather. As you can see from the pictures it was stormy. The worst was the wind in the morning. If it kept up, we would have had to stop. Our friends Chad Price and Mike Carter saved the day. Cameron and I started off getting the first row by ourselves, and then the heavens opend and help arrived. We had to put glue on each joist and then lay the sheet down, then pound the board from the sides to put it into the grooves, then nail down. My hand hurt so bad by the end of the day, and I didn't do half the work of the three guys.
We ended up borrowing our neighbors (thanks Terri) backhoe that had forklifts on the the bucket to lift the sheets around. Saved a ton of work. It rained a few times, once while we ate lunch in the shed. Thanks goes out to Kelli, Mike's wife, for taking the kids all day, and feeding us dinner.
Here's the guys hanging out.
Yeah, that's me. I think Mike might have taken it.
All done! All in all, I think it took 3 guys and one not so helpful girl to put the floor on in about 5 hours. Thanks Cindy for the drinks. After Chad and Mike left, Cameron and I finished over the bays. Now we can frame!
1 comment:
Hey Nonie! Your house developments are so exciting! I've been creating a floor plan myself lately... By the way, I have a blog too now I just started: www.soaringcrowes.blogspot.com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Anna
Post a Comment