Monday, October 12, 2009

Sheetrock


We ran into a few hiccups with our sheetrock. First, the company we origanally planned to go with was booked, so we were put a week later than we expected, and then they called and said they just weren't going to able to do our house, they were just to busy. Well, that wasn't cool. We quickly made a few phone calls and got another company to start sooner than we expected. The hanging crew showed up on a Friday afternoon, and they were finished by Monday night. I still have no idea how they did it that fast.

Next came the tape and mud and finally the texture. It's so nice to have that all out of the way, and even better that I didn't have to do it, or we'd might just be getting done with it. More pictures to come someday, I hope. To date, we have doors, trim, paint, stair posts, door knobs, recessed lights, one shower tiled, some lights hung, all the outlets and switches in, the wood flooring nearly complete, and the septic lines dug and waiting for the tank to be hauled down here. Ahh, we might get this thing done with yet.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

WAHOO! That is so exciting. We drove through Joseph on our way to Green River a few weeks ago because we had to stop at South Sevier to pick up something from my sister. I thought about you and wondered where you lived, but didn't have your number with me (of course!) and Joey was in a big hurry...another time maybe...

Ben said...

Wowzah! Its looking awesome! Way to go, guys!

MaRilla said...

Looks like it's going to be gorgeous! And baby number 4. Congrats!!!

Kelli said...

Lookin good! I'll have to come see it again. You're so close!!!