Sunday, October 18, 2009
Texture and Beyond
After allowing the tape to dry for a few days, they put the texture on all the walls and ceilings. This meant it was time for Cameron and I to get busy. He took off work for a couple of weeks and we went crazy busy.
My mom took Emmaline the first week so that I wouldn't have to worry about her while we put up all the casing and baseboards. Fortunately, the contractor who came to hang our doors put up the casing around the windows and doors so that Cameron and I could concentrate on filling the millions of nail holes and caulking all the gaps. Poor Camerons fingers and nails. I should have taken a picture the poor mans hands were raw. Not to mention our knees and in fact our whole bodies from getting up and down ladders and off the ground over and over again.
By Friday we were pretty much done with all the that and started to prep for paint. Can I just tell you. I never, ever want to do this for a living. We have determined we have too many windows and not enough people to make the job go faster, and that wasn't even the taping that we had to do later for the color. We had to take down every door from it's hinges and stack them in the garage to be painted, and then we spent a WHOLE day, till 1 in the morning just vacuming the floors. By Saturday afternoon, we were finally ready to start puting paint on the walls. It took about an hour to figure out how to work the paint sprayer, and that first room got a LOT of primer on the walls. Cameron sprayed everything on the walls, and I came behind him with a roller to smooth things out. We got the whole house primered that day, except for the ceilings.
Also that Saturday I went to pick up Emma from my mom in Beaver. On the way there I was talking to my oldest sister LaNae and she offered to take Emma and James for the following week so we could hit it hard. I love you LaNae! She was a lifesaver. We could never have done it with our kids there and gotten it done in a week. The only kicker was that I have no clothes of medicine for James. So thanks Mom, LaNae, and Joe for making sure and making it possible that my kids had the best week ever! As the only child poor Hannah spent a lot of time watching movies in the basement and falling asleep in the back of our van until we went home after midnight to put her to bed.
As for the rest of painting, I'll have to save that for another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, you guys are such workers! Your house is going to be beautiful.
Wow, what a project! It is exciting though, because you are getting closer! Hope things continue to go well for you!
Post a Comment