To lose 20 lbs (okay more, but I'll take pre-preggo right now) tomorrow
Be a nicer, kinder, more fun, and all around better mom
Be able to visit all my friends and neighbors and still manage my house
To get off the planning commission, at least for a while (I need a break!) and not feel guilty
Have the breath support to sing again without gasping
Fit into my jeans without those nasty bulges folding over the top (refer to the top)
Get a new wardrobe. My clothes are thrashed, old, and not fitting right now
be out of house debt so I can breathe again and start planning for the future
Be with family whenever, wherever and not worry about travel, gas prices, and wear on my car
to give hugs to all my friends and tell them thanks for who they are and for letting me be a part of their lives
To more fully enjoy the little moments with my little angels and not get frustrated so easily, their only little for a second
In short, I'm a little selfish and self centered and I want to be better. The best part is, that I get to have a crack at it again tomorrow. No, I won't wake up skinny or be able to just blink and be in Arkansas, but I can control the moment and make just the tinniest improvements each day. Thanks for listening in on my pep talk.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I feel the same way as you sometimes. Being a mother can be really overwhelming at times! Just know that your not alone on your quest to lose weight, get out of debt, and enjoy the little moments in life. Not alone ONE bit!
Nonie I think you are great. Thanks for sharing your beautiful self! And your right do better one day at a time.
*sigh.*
I think most of that is on my wish list as well. As for the finance stuff, we just read and began the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I recommend it. But, financial advice is like religion, if you're not looking for a change, no one can convince you that you need one. That's what we found out!
Sometimes its therapeutic to put all your frustrations into words. Now I think you need to make a list of all the wonderful things you ARE doing. It would be WAY longer. I don't know many women who are as giving and unselfish as you are. I always tell Brad, "I THINK about doing nice things for people all the time, but Nonie just DOES them." So, cut yourself some slack, girl. And, I hereby give you permission to say "no" to extra demands that maybe aren't condusive to your family life right now. There will be time for that later. You are an amazing woman so give yourself the credit you deserve!
I agree with JoElle - you are one of the most giving and UNselfish people I've ever known! I don't think you should feel one bit guilty about getting rid of some things in your life right now. You deserve a little break. And seriously Nonie - you look great! It took me a year after having babies to get back to normal. I remember HATING the stage you are in right now because nothing fit and its not like you want to go buy new stuff because you know it will just be too big in a couple months. It's very frustrating! But it does pass. Love ya!
Hey, your baby is a couple months old, my baby is 4 and half and I still haven't lost that weight so NO complaining. We so love having James at our house. I am excited for summer so we can get those boys together a little more.
Jamie
Post a Comment