Grandma loved my babies. Emma especially let her hold her without fussing for hours, and would always give her loves when it was time to go and it made her so happy.
She lived pretty close to our house growing up and I remember going to her house a lot as a little girl and having her come up and see us. She was never good with traffic or driving, but she was able to drive herself to our house up until my mom moved, and then it was too scary for her. Even though she didn't drive to our house anymore, we'd go steal her from her house and make her come and hang out with us when we got together. We even took her camping, 4-wheeling, shopping and drug her to all her great-grandkids' stuff. I'm so glad she was there for so much of my life and that my kids got to know her.
Today James started talking about her during lunch and something about her waking up. I told him she died and she was up in Heaven. The little sweetie just said, "When Grandma Smith comes back down she won't have wrinkly hands." I had to agree. She'll be perfect. I'm so grateful to be a part of an eternal family and that I get to see her again someday and that my Savior died for me that I might live again someday, too. I'm super grateful, that at the tender age of four, my little boy knows he'll get to see her again, and that her hands won't be wrinkly any more. It makes my heart happy.
See you in the Morning Grandma, when the Son is shining bright.
3 comments:
So tender Nonie. Thanks for sharing. I sang at my grams funeral as well. I love grammas! Such a sweet gift you were given.
I really enjoyed this post. I'm sorry for your loss but love that you were able to have those wonderful experiences.
Aw, Nonie, I am sorry to hear about your grandma. I loved reading this post. I am sure she was smiling down on you as you sang at her funeral. You know she loved it! What a special request from her that you were able to fulfill. You will see her "in the morning" and what a blessing it is that we know and have a testimony of that!
Post a Comment