Tuesday, July 27, 2010

5 months




First time trying solids at 4 months. She didn't do so well, so we tried again at 5 and she's much better.

I thought I'd better write about my cute Alice before she gets big and I forget what she's doing. She's such a wonderful baby and fits right in and puts up with all our chaos.

Alice is
*a wiggle worm. She doesn't like to cuddle and sits straight up in your arms and loves to be turned facing out so she can see what's going on.
*eating rice, and even seems to like it.
*a good camper. She has spent the night at girls camp, camping in Beaver, several nights at the cabins, and even a night in the tent at Grandma's for the reunion.
*a four-wheeling fool. She has gone on two 50 mile rides over Beaver mountain in July. She sleeps when we start going, and wakes up when we stop. I love the front pack, it's awesome.
*used to being abused. Poor 4th child. Emma's love is, well, a little powerful and she gets handed off to Hannah on a daily basis to keep her safe(r) while I try to juggle being the mom.
*beautiful. But hey, I'm a little bias. I love dressing her and sticking the matching head accessory. I figure one of us should look cute, it's not going to be me, so she might as well be.

She also:
*rolls over from front to back. We had an unfortunate experience where I was taken out of the running for mother of the year again, when she rolled off the counter at church and landed on her back. Yes, she's okay, but I sure wasn't.
*is trying to grab the cute butterflies on her swing's mobile. She can also grab and get things to her mouth. I can no longer try to safely do anything while she's in my arms or I get in trouble.
*Sleeps through the night, and has been doing so since about 3 months. Occasionally she wakes up, but being the awesome mom I am, I just stick a binkie in her mouth and go back to bed.
*squeals. Really loud. She has the most high pitched coos, laughs and squeals and she lets us know she is here.
*is starting to try and sit up by herself, and can manage it for a few seconds at a time.

We are loving our sweet little angel and I'm kind of sad she is growing up so fast.

1 comment:

kalie said...

She's very cute ... and so are you!