I was out trying to pull of few weeds the other night so Cameron didn't have as much to do and my sweet little boy came out and said, "Mom. I want to pull weeds with you." I'm never one to argue with my children about that so he went and grabbed his workin' gloves. Unfortunately the weeds were proving a little difficult to remove, but he kept right on working away. All the sudden out of no where he says, "Mom, someday I'm going to be big and pull weeds just like Uncle Spencer. Then I'll be able to pull all these weeds out of the ground." I really hope that he will get big and be as hard a worker as his Uncle Spencer, Uncle Glen, his close grandpa, and especially his dad.

Spencer has a very special place in my kid's lives. He's currently unhitched and living at home with close Grandma and grandpa and treats my kids like gold, even when he's got a cute date (or two) around. James loves that Spencer can fix anything and takes him on rides in his Toyota and dune buggy that's just better that his mom doesn't know shere they've gone. (James likes to point out the hills they climb, and I try not to inwardly shudder.) He's super strong and gives my kids rides over his head, and I often hear "Uncle Spencer can lift me over his head with one arm, Mom." I'm so glad he's got such and awesome uncle to look up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment