Thursday, August 26, 2010

Early to rise makes you wise

This happened back in May, and I need to give a little background. You see, I'm kind of tired. Only a few months old, Alice would keep me up during the night, and then I'd have to get Hannah up and off to school. Needless to say, if I can, I go back to sleep once the bus has taken my princess off to learn, and I grab my baby and nurse her in bed, and hopefully fall back to sleep. On this particular morning I was trying to get just a little bit more sleep in so I wouldn't crash by the afternoon and I kept telling James to please be quiet for just a little longer. Well, I should have just gotten up for when I did....this is what I saw.It took a few minutes to process exactly what had happened, and then realization sets in, and I am not going to lie, it was a little hard to keep it together.

"James, what did you do?!"

"Nothing Mom."

"No James, what did you DO?"

"It's snow Mom, and we was just playing in it."

I had to take a really deep breath and go look for the camera so he didn't die. He, with the help of his little sister, took all the stuffing out of my coach cushions, even the little pillows, and spread them all over my living room floor. The best part is, is that I just left it. I was so frustrated and overwhelmed I went out of my way to avoid even seeing it. Cameron was a little shocked when he came home and found my surprise. He ended up being the one to help James stuff four garbage sacks full. James got an earful from his daddy, I wonder if any of it's stuck. Then the sacks sat next to the wall for a while. I really just didn't know what to do. There are limited resources in the area and I still have no idea how to fix my poor, poor cushions. So, if you're over to my house, I have to apologize in advance for the lumpy cushions, (I re-stuffed them with the old stuff myself) but my little boy needed snow one day and something had to be sacrificed to achieve his dream.
the other culprit
"snow"

Pillows, or what was left of them.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

OH my gosh!!! You'll laugh someday about it I'm sure. Landon once broke 2 dozen eggs on my carpet when he was about 2 years old. I just about died! He said he was cooking something! We had to call in the professionals for that.

MaRilla said...

LOL. That is so funny! sorry. Glad it hasn't happened here yet. Kids are so creative!:)

angie said...

WOW!! The pictures say it all! I'm glad you thought to take them instead of freaking out (as I would have done). Oh the joys ;)!

Jenna Marie said...

Oh Goodness! You're a good mommy to just take a picture! :) Way to go! I would have... well... NOT done that! haha! So sorry!! I've definitely been guilty of the "Stay quiet for just a little longer" comment, and have found some pretty interesting stuff myself!

Bonnie said...

Oh, Nonie! That is how I would spell M-U-R-D-E-R! I'm sure you'll laugh about it someday, but for now, congratulations for not killing him!

Sheryl said...

We have all been there to one degree or another. The pictures are priceless. I would have avoided it for a while too. Especially with a newborn!