Second, she is officially potty trained. It was a process, but one that we have successfully completed. The story...well, lets just say she's a little stubborn. I tried all summer to figure out what would make her want to give up her diaper. We tried candy, promises of toys and trips to Grandma's. Nothing. We even started the process, several times. Problem: the girl can hold it forever, doesn't give any indication she needs to go, and she's not going to do it for anyone or thing. Such a pain. I even tried my mom's just-stick-her-on-the-potty-in-front-of-the-television-till-she-goes-and-she'll-figure-it-out. Yeah right. She was once there for over 5 hours. So not worth it to me.
Well, one Sunday I had an idea. She had been playing with my earrings at church and we would drape them inside her ears so she felt like she was wearing them. Later I was nursing Alice and she came over to check my earrings out again and asked for them. I told her she needed holes in her ears for mommy's earrings and the lightbulb went on. I asked her if she wanted to have have holes for her earrings and she said yes. Then I told her if she was a big girl and went potty on the toilet I would get her holes so she could have earrings like mom. Sold! We started the next day. Cameron was a little appalled, but at this point, if earrings is what it took, then so be it. It was a pretty slow process, but the good thing is she's never had an overnight accident. I had to constantly ask her if she needed to go, and we had a lot sitting down and doing nothing, but two weeks later she went in by herself and went to the bathroom and called me in when she was done. Since then we've been home free. Sometimes the only way I know she's gotten up in the morning is when I hear the toilet flush. It's fantastic!
Since then her vocabulary has grown immensely. She now talks in full, independent sentences and I can't wait to hear what she has to say next. It's great. Love you little princess.
1 comment:
Abby loves her binky, too! She can't go without it. It was so good to see you at the reunion!
Post a Comment