Saturday, October 23, 2010

Emma-isms

In the car: "Hannah. Be twiet (quiet) your hurting my eyes."

The other morning while I was going to the bathroom she enters bedecked with purse: "Mom, where's my flip-flops?"

I don't know Emma. Where are they?

"Oh. (aha moment) Dey're in the basement. I tant go down dere mommy. It's danderous.

"Really?"

"Dere's lions down there. (insert hands going to her mouth and scared eyes. So dang dramatic) Dey going to det my Princess jamma's."

James decided to get into bed with her last night. Which is fine, but not long lived. Before he went back to his own bed he came and got me because Emma needed me. I open the door and she's sitting in bed and informs me. "Mom. I tant go to sleep, it's too scary." Which is funny because she sleeps alone every night without a night light.

Dress-ups. Need I say more. She's very into make believe. Being a princess. Mommy. You name it. And is very insistent that things are just so. Oh, and she wants to do whatever the big people are doing and she's not afraid to try anything.

Since she says something adorable every five seconds, I'm sure this list will continue. I would love to just freeze her right where she's at. She's helpful, hilarious, independent, and my little buddy. Squish her forever.

1 comment:

angie said...

I think she is pretty close to my Cambry's age (3 or almost?) and I feel the same way! If only we could rewind, fast forward, or pause time ;)!