Sunday, January 16, 2011

James' 5


I can't believe my little man is five. He's so excited because now he can go to Kindergarten next year. It's a very cool age.

He chose to have pancakes with holes in them, aka waffles, for breakfast. We went to town and got him a pair of cowboy boots and he got to open them when we got home. The next night for dinner we took him to El Mexicano, his fav, and had a great time with our little man.

At five he likes:
*Anything boy! Dinosaurs, horses, animals, cars, motorcycles, 4-wheelers, hunting, sports, guns....
*Riding his bike.
*Being loud. Everything is yelled. Car noises and hollers are part of every conversations. He also has a tendency to break down into tears and whine when he's tired or feels like he's received an injustice. We're working on that one, it's kind of annoying.
*Singing, and again very loud!
*Loves his dance class (don't worry, Cameron has thrown his own little fit about this one, but he's loves it and is really quite good)
*Friends. The more the merrier. Girl friends or boy friends and especially if he gets to go to their house. In the right frame of mind he can be friends with anyone and that makes his momma happy.
*His Wayne. We sit with Wayne at church and James is his little buddy. He takes him fishin' and makes James feel like he's worth a million. We love our Wayne.
*My cooking. He can make me feel like I'm the greatest ever with his exclamations of "This is the best dinner ever Mom. I love it when you make me..."

We love our little man. He's cute and such a character. Sometimes he still little and then he turns around and surprises me by being really mature. I love him in his suit on Sunday and the little pleasures he finds in the most simple things. He loves his little sisters, even though he's still hoping we'll get him a little brother. He recently moved Emma into his room and has been on cloud nine ever since. He loves his Alice and is very protective of her and likes to keep her safe (his form of safe, not necessarily mine). He's his Daddy's little man and loves anyone who will do stuff with him and he is a hard worker. He's well on his way to being just like his dad. Happy Birthday little buddy.

p.s Short story on the cake. After my last disaster with Emma's we opted for simple. He's wanted a race car cake forever, so I went to town and bought one in the toy isle and then Cameron helped me decorate it. I put on the finishing touches (like the words) under his watchful eyes. Since we finished the cake around 5:30 and I hadn't even thought of dinner I caved and we had us some cake and ice cream for dinner that night. The kids were in heaven. When they got done I pulled out some leftovers and tried to salvage what was left of our appetites. It was so much fun and the kids had a blast helping.

No comments: