Sunday, January 16, 2011

She's 3!


I can't believe my little Emmaline is three. Really, three? Where has the last three years gone? She picked pancakes for her birthday breakfast and was so excited. After we went to the doctor to check on her shoulder she got to...

Open her one and only birthday present. (No need to remind me that I'm a crappy mom. and no, I didn't purposely plan on having a child 4 days before Christmas) She was so excited.
I tried really hard to make her a cake. But it fell, and then it wouldn't release from the pan. The result was a less than desirable, but she was thrilled with her pink strawberry cake. Her Dad had a good laugh at my attempts.
Right now Emmaline:
*Talks in complete sentences and says the darnedest things.
*Is pretty inexpressive when you first meet her, or she's doing her "withdraw" mode, but get her going and she's a hoot and she makes the best faces.
*Loves Alice, maybe a little too much. She won't leave her alone. She also likes to do whatever the big kids are doing.
*Sits with Grandpa Herb every Sunday and loves him.
*Loves all her grandparents and has a special place in her heart for anyone who will pay her attention. To name a few: Aunt aNae, Uncle Maurk, Aunt Arwyn, Aunta Manda, Uncle Spenswer and Charwee.
*Loves to color and can spend hours sitting at the counter working on pictures. She even stays in the lines. I'm totally impressed with her skills. She holds her marker funny, but there's still time to fix the grip later.
*Plays house and gets totally into character. I love to hear her talking to her dolly's and making me food.
*If she sees me cooking she automatically comes over and pulls up a stool and joins the party.
*Has recently started singing. It's so cute and I'm in love. Her favorite song is "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam" and is often requested.
*Makes up her own songs on the piano.
*Asks me a million and a half "why" questions everyday even when she knows the answer.
*Is still my best listener and follows directions better than anyone.

Emmaline I love you. You are such a bright spot in my life and I am so blessed to be your mommy. I love just spending time with you because you always have so much to teach me. Thanks for your patience and for being my little princess.

No comments: