Ew, ew, ew, ew!!!! Can I say that enough, the very thought of what I'm about to write makes me shudder. So I finally got James potty trained, well, for the most part. Today he apparently peed on the floor before making to the potty. Well I was in the other room doing something and Hannah runs in and tells me that James pooped and needs me, oh, and Emma's eating his poop. As the mom, I just kind of went, huh? So I go in to take care of James and Emma has crawled into the bathroom and is sitting in the pee, and that's just gross, so I put her in the tub while I wipe James bum. The whole time he's telling me "Emma's eating my poop mom." Of course, at this point I just a little tiffed that he didn't make it to the toilet and that Emma was sitting in it. After I wipe his bum I turn around to see Emma has moved and where she was sitting is a piece of poop. Yeah, that's right. James had little round hard poops, and what I found was just such a piece, only squished flat with teeth marks in. AHHHHHH!!!! The only consolation I have at this point is that it appears she didn't get any of it swallowed, but she most definitely has it in her little mouth. I was totally mortified. It gave me flashbacks to when Hannah ate a dead cockroach at my mom's at about the same age. ICK! So, I tried to wash her little tongue off after I picked the poop up with some toilet paper and sent it down the toilet, but of course there isn't much I can do at this point, but hope she doesn't catch some nasty disease. I can just see me at the hospital trying to explain this disgusting story to the doctor. It's just too gross. I just love being a mom, never a dull moment around here.
p.s. When I had James, my midwife warned me that James might eat poo someday because he was born with some in his mouth (his, not mine), little did I know that it was going to be his sister eating his poo. Ew, ew, ew, ew.....
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
That is hilarious. But I'm so sorry you had to experience that. On the field trip today Hannah was telling me that Emma ate James' poop today. Sometimes you just don't know what kids are going to say so I just kind of thought "oh ya okay". But now I know it was true. hahaha Ali pooped on my living room floor when she was little & thank goodness she had an older sibling instead of younger or I'm sure Gage would have eaten it too. He turned around just at the wrong time though & stepped in it. They still talk about that to this day!!!! So funny!!!!
YUCK! I can only imagine the things you've done and seen as a mother. God bless you.
Nonie- My little boy Alex unfortunately got his hands into his diaper once and got some in his mouth! Yeah...not a fun experience. I definetely feel for ya!
Okay, you officially win for the grossest mom stories ever!
Hey nonie!
Ya know, I have a poop story similar to that. I can't really remember the details but I do know that no one got sick or anything. So little emma should be ok! That is so funny though and yes disgusting!
So, I really need to send you my blog since i'm so nosey and read yours, I really should share. I've got some pics from the field trip so I'll send those and an invite tonight. Brian has your e-mail address. Hope it's the right one. If you don't get anything, let me know!
That is gross. I am sorry. I am sure she will be ok
Liz
Not to worry. I had a similar experience with two of my kids and I called poison control and they said it is just fine. It doesn't make it less gross, but atleast it can be comforting to know it happens to others too and it will not make them sick.
Brings new meaning to the name "potty mouth".
So often I WISH I could Chlorox my kids mouth. Uh!!! That is sick. Oh, ya, and been there done that. Tommy was slurping down toilet paper out of my UNFLUSHED towlet the other day. I wish my kids would flush the DANG TOILET
Hey Nonie,
I saw your blog on Suzie's. Send me your e-mail address so I can send you an invite to our blog, I'd love to keep up on your family. My e-mail is: beara_smiles@yahoo.com
I laughed so hard when I read this post. Can you even stand the things kids do sometimes? I have not had any poo eaters yet (knock on wood). It is so great to hear from you and check out what you are up to! I had no idea that you have three kids; they are such cuties.
Post a Comment