My baby girl is all grown up and gone to kindergarten. I was going to post these the same day she left me, but it was too sad and then I ran out of time. We picked out her outfit the night before (she's so excited I bought her strawberry shortcake) and her dad gave her a blessing to start school out with. Unfortunately her already frazzled mom woke up with a migraine (bummer) and was trying to pull things together all morning. This set back caused me to have a serious lasp in judgement, and I didn't take her to school or even follow the bus. She was fine until Thursday when she pointed out the fact that all her friends moms were there, and how come I didn't come. Oh, the dagger to the heart. Well, after she got ready we headed up the street the bus stop and waited, forever. When the bus did come I found out he didn't have my address right and I would luckily not have to walk that far everyday to drop her off. The bus driver had to tell her to stop and turn around because I wanted a picture, she just wanted to get to school but obliged her depressed mom. I waved goodby to my baby girl, mopped home and then dejectedly sat on my porch trying to decide what I should be feeling at that point. Thanks to my mom, LaNae, and Tamarie for the consolation and for all my friends for taking pictures of Hannah when she got to school so I don't feel half as crummy as before.
Needless to say, she loves school! Her teacher is Mrs. Albrect and she loves to ride the bus and be with all her friends. I have pulled a lot of weeds out of my lawn waiting for the bus coming to and from school and have a suprise blessing from loosing my little girl everyday...time to spend with my little man. So, although this wasn't the most enjoyable experience ever, there is definetely a silver lining and things are getting into a routine. All I need to do now is volunteer at the school so I feel like I know what she does everyday. She doesn't say much more than she has fun. :)

6 comments:
I can't believe that I have classmates who have kids in kindergarten. Your daughter is absolutely darling. One day I'll meet her, and she'll capture my heart like she's done yours.
Kelley would be jealous...she wants to ride the bus, but we live two blocks from the school. She ended up asking to cut her hair...pictures coming soon on the blog. Your baby is so cute!
wow! she is adorable and so grown up. good job. i wouldn't have been able to pull it together either! miss you.
Hey Nonie! Just thought I'd fess up to checking out your blog. It's cute & it's nice to see what you are up to. Kids definitely grow up to fast. Bye!
I love her strawberry shortcake stuff.
liz
Nonnie!! It was so good to hear from you on the blog. Your kids are adorable I love all their chocolatey eyes!! Kindergarten!! How fun! I love that you captured her getting off of the bus. I know that will be me documenting every step!! love ya
Post a Comment