Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth of July


Our 4th was the best. I rushed home from my family reunion so that I could spend the day with my little fam. We went to the parade and had a blast. Emma was my favorite. She had no problems going and getting candy, and had everyone around her giving them theirs. Apparently little and cute does something for you. She had the best lips to whole time and I finally got a picture of one.

After the parade I rushed home to make a cake for our little towns July celebration. I was honored with the opportunity to sing the National Anthem, and minus a really bad third note and bad mic feedback, it went okay. We had so much fun visiting with friends and neighbors and had great food. The races were fun and my kids did okay, when I could find them to do it. I even ran in my age division, and I'm still paying for it. I had little Kaleb Barton, age 11, remark at the end, "Man, I can't believe I tied with a 30 year old girl." To which my reply was, "Hey, I'm not 30 yet."

By the time we left my little Emma was asleep in the stroller and we were ready for a break. James and Hannah went to our neighbors to play with their grandkids, and we took sleepy baby and went to work on our house. I was so tired I fell asleep in the camp chair with my feet on the water cooler with air guns and skil saws going on a few feet away. Cameron and I finally gave up and went home and called his family for the evening plans. We ended up over in his home town for dinner and then visited with family, ending the evening with fireworks on Grandma's front lawn. I'm so grateful to live in a wonderful country, and especially for the communities that surround me, because they get it. God bless America!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house looks AWESOME & is really coming along!!! Your kids are gettin so big!!! Emmaline with her "lips" are way adorable too!!! You have such a cute family Nonie!!!

Sheryl said...

Hey how do you do the collage of pictures?

Cameron and Nonie said...

Picsa. It's a free picture program through google. You just download it and it automatically downloads the into the program and you edit and type things on the pictures and do collages. I love it!

Sheryl said...

Thanks for the picsa info. Also--for the record--you are not a tag-a-long we love you! You have always been a great friend. I need your number and next time we get together I'll give ya a call :)