Cameron was feeling very guilty about not getting me much for Christmas (come on, the house wasn't enough, sweetie?) so he looked for a good week to find me a new camera and ordered the day after Christmas. He and I have been anxiously waiting for it's appearance on our doorstep, except that it said we had to be home in order to receive it.
Well, today I got cracking pretty good for the lazy pregnant lady and cleaned up the house, did laundry and even made the beds and felt a little tired and in need of a nap come afternoon. Things were going pretty good because Emma was down and James found his dad's "huntin' movie" and was happily watching it on the couch. I warned the little cutie to please be quiet, and I would be up in a little bit.
Now if you know me, I don't sleep through much. I can hear the furnace starting in the middle of the night, and you have to walk pretty quietly for me not to hear you, even across the house. With this in mind, I was a little bugged at my boy because I was hearing all sorts of noise that wasn't a hunting show. I finally yelled a couple of times for him to quit stomping around, and when I heard plastic thought he must be into some snacks, so I yelled again. To my surprise and bewilderment, my cutie informed me most exasperated, "Mom, I'm not in the food! I opening the present that the man dropped by on the porch."
What!?!? So I jump out of bed and find James sitting on the family room floor with my camera package. "Mom, look. You're camera's here and it's black. And do you see these other cool things?"
Yep, he went outside and got the package, opened the box through all the packing tape, without a knife, and got my brand new camera out. Of course he now wants his picture taken and it's all I've got in me to not beat him as he tries to open everything up before I can even get to it. He's such a deal, but I love him. He was the most excited about the battery and charger that came with it. Now, if I can just keep him from breaking this one as he explores and does things all by himself, I will be happy. Is there any safe place from a four year old boy? This we shall see. :)
p.s. I'm so excited to have a camera that works again. Hopefully my kids will cooperate, because I have a lot of pictures to take.
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay!! Gotta love a new camera. I want to see lots of pics now.
He's such a funny little guy! Glad you got a new camera!
Four-year old boys! What kind of camera did you choose?
Post a Comment