Wednesday, January 6, 2010

December Birthdays

Yeah, so don't ask me why I have two children born in the month of December, I'm still trying to figure that one out. Emmaline's is the 21st and James' the 29th. Last year Emma didn't even have a cake. She opened her one present by pulling it out of the wal-mart bag after the other two had gone to bed. This year I at least tried a little. Cameron wanted to take her out to dinner, but I opted for a night in. I went to make soup for dinner but remembered how she detests soup so she got tator tot casserole instead. After dinner we had cake (that I got on the bakery clearance rack) since I had so much junk from Christmas at my house the thought of making another treat was nauseating. She was a doll and we had so much fun celebrating her birthday. We have also determined to have un-birhtdays for our poor unfortunate children. So more partying and presents over the summer.
James is a little trooper. I've been getting him excited about having a summer birthday party for months to spare me and everyone else from present overload. He was so fun to take out to dinner though and much easier with just one to take care of. We took him to a Mexican restaurant where he ate chips and salsa like he was born to. He loved every minute of it and even let his mom have the crunchy stuff on the fried ice cream. He ate, and even shared, his leftovers later that night and then ate my Cafe Rio leftovers a few days later. The kids likes his Mexican food for sure.

Don't worry, he did get a present. He wanted a four-wheeler and motorcycle like the ones we bought for his friend a few weeks back. Cameron was a sweetheart and surprised him when he came home from lunch. Unfortunately, it being after Christmas, those toys were gone, but he happily settled for the cool monster truck and package of cars. The next day we went to Aunt Lauri's for some Christmas fun with our cousins and I made him cupcakes to share with everyone. Aunt Laurie made him feel like a million bucks by letting him pick out cool candles to go on top. Everyone sang him happy birthday and he loved it. So much in fact, that he still wants it to be his birthday everyday. He did get one more crack at it when he went back to school on Tuesday. He took cowboy boot sugar cookies to share with his friends. Now he wants to make more cookies everyday, and take them to school. I think I have a birthday addict on my hands.

Happy Birthday to my Christmas babies. Mommy and Daddy love you so much.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Busy Busy...
I have a December baby too and we will definitely be doing half birthdays too!

Liz said...

December birthdays are not fun! I was affraid Jamen woudl open all the presents under the tree after his birthday! I think your idea sounds great for parties int he summer!

Looks like you had a great christmas..