Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas

or, better late than never.

Christmas was wonderful and very simple this year. For the first part of December we were just trying to get things organized. Cameron was a sweetheart and put up the tree with the kids and helped me make goodies for the neighbors. My kids helped out by decorating the bags. Cameron thought I was crazy when I told him to go and get me a couple of potatoes in the basement so we could stamp. He is now a believer. And they had a blast. Hannah went on to write "Merry Christmas from us" on all the bags. The next day I got them all filled and then I took my kids out in a snowstorm to deliver. The nice thing about having your kids deliver: You don't visit at every house, which made things go faster. To my sweet friends who didn't get anything from me this year, you were on the list, the driver and bag stuffer got pooped out, and the snow got worse, so we didn't make it over...yet. I have great intentions of getting something out, it just might take a while.

Christmas Eve was spent over at Cameron's parents house and we had a blast. My kids were a little ornery, but they eventually all had a great time. Thanks Sarah for the fun games. Wish I had some pictures, because they were awesome. Let's just say that it was really hard to listen to the Christmas story when you are trying not to laugh at James with pantyhose on his head. Poor Wendy couldn't quite hold out and we all ended up busting up. Maybe next year. We also opened our Christmas jammies and had some great food. Thanks Glen, and Mike for the steaks, and Pam and Amanda for everything else, oops and Sarah and Wendy.

We tried to take the kids around to look at Christmas lights, but Hannah and James were out cold within 15 minutes. That left a very bored and sugar-high Emma left, so we went home and put them to bed. Which was great because we had a lot of wrapping to do since I hadn't done one thing. Luckily we were able to get it done and under the tree before midnight before Santa came.

Christmas morning Hannah woke up at 7:30, but let us sleep a little longer until Cameron went and woke the other two about 8. My breakfast didn't rise like it was supposed to, so we abandoned breakfast before presents and went straight to presents. It was a good morning. We did learn that you shouldn't let the baby open her doll before anything else, because she doesn't care that there's more and just wants to play.

(On a sad note, Emma woke up in the middle of the night with a mysterious fever and wasn't herself for a couple of days.)

James loves his remote controlled 4-wheeler and can't wait to ride his bike outside. Hannah is officially decked out for snow with new boots, gloves, snowpants, and a scarf from Aunt Norene. Oh, and she got her CD player, but got distracted by Emma's dolls and never really looked at it. I guess she's not too old for a doll? Maybe for her birthday. Cameron got some nice Thermals and gloves, a spotlight, oh, and a house. My mom had our kids by us towels when we down at her house, and they're fabulous. I got a new home, and of course my belated but wonderful camera. Next Christmas I'm going to actually be able to take some pictures and I can't wait. I missed too many precious moments this year.

Merry Christmas to everyone, I can't thank you enough for being who you are and making my life wonderful. It's been great to be with family, visit with friends and be together. Here's to another wonderful year to come.

2 comments:

Lyndy Butler said...

Hi Nonie!
I am so happy we are blogfriends.
Your family is beautiful.

my bedroom set is a queen sleigh bed and two matching night stands. Its on Craigslist right now. and someone wants to buy the stands but I wanted to let you konw if youare still interested to check it out there.

I am kinda having a weird sense like I already told you this. and I dont know if I am crazy but i do know I am tired. anyways. congrats on your new home!

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! haven't heard from ya in awhile...just checkin to see how you & baby to be are doin?!?!?! Time's a tickin' down for ya! Can't wait to see the latest addition to your cute ENTERTAINING family!!! : )