We cleaned everything up and then headed to a few houses and over to see Cameron's aunt and uncle and came home and crashed. I was so excited to have the day over and am truly grateful how well everything turned out. Thanks to everyone who helped out, there is no way I could have done it without you. (that goes especially for Cameron and the kids who didn't have a mommy for a while)
James was supposed to be Super Why from a PBS show, but he proceeded to be brutal and ripped the mask. We squeezed him into the old horse costume and called him bank robber. Hannah was a rock star for school, but it was too cold to wear it out, so we resorted to the dress I made her when she was 5ish and called her "Little House on the Prairie". Maybe next year I'll be cool and make sure my kids are dressed decent, because I'm am such a slacker mom.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Halloween
Halloween was a little busy this year. We were supposed to head to St. George for a party at my mom's, but decided something had to give, and unfortunately it was that. There was Hannah's school party and parade on Friday morning, setting up the community center, then the annual Payne family Halloween party (so much fun!) that night. Then came Saturday. It started early for me with Bountiful Baskets and I don't think I stopped for most of the day. 9:00 a.m. was the Primary Program practice and then I came home to the worst mess ever! So I had to clean my kitchen so that I could make 60 mummies on a stick for our towns park fundraising dinner that night. I barely got that done by 2:00 and ran over to the community center to open it up. While I was there I was reminded of about three things I forgot to pick up for the silent auction and ran to get them taken care of. Top it all off, the weather went from beautiful to horrid in about an hour. Perfect for the way I feeling about then. I said a little prayer in my car that everything would be okay and that it would blow over so we could have our trunk or treat. To say I was a little frazzled might be an understatement. I even started some of our mummy dogs cooking, forgot about them, and went home to get my kids ready. Thank goodness Mandy called to found out what was going on and why the door was locked. I freaked and she saved the day. We had a ton of help from so many people and it was a hit. With the dinner and auction we raised over $2,000 for a park in our little town. Oh, and the weather broke just in time for the trunk or treat and then promptly got cold and windy when it was over. Just perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment