So I mentioned in my last post that James is somewhat lucky to be alive. He's going through a very "boy"polar time in his life. You see, he really is the sweetest little thing. He'll help his sisters out, work with his dad and do little thoughtful things all the time. On the flip side, he's been super emotional and everything turns into tears or growling and screaming, and he has this uncanny knack to destroy everything.
Case in point. He got up early one morning while I was rushing to get Hannah out the door. He was thoughtful enough to get her some cinnamon and sugar for her toast but we were out. So, he grabbed the cinnamon and took the lid off and was going to make her some. In comes mom and sees what is happening and I quickly try to head him off, explaining I would like to do that and PLEASE don't do it. He argued with me and I still told him no. So I thought he had the message and went about the bus thing and getting everyone breakfast and so forth.
Fast forward a few hours and I see that the cinnamon and stuff is still out so I figured I should make some more and get things put away. When I opened my sugar bin, this is what I found.
Case in point. He got up early one morning while I was rushing to get Hannah out the door. He was thoughtful enough to get her some cinnamon and sugar for her toast but we were out. So, he grabbed the cinnamon and took the lid off and was going to make her some. In comes mom and sees what is happening and I quickly try to head him off, explaining I would like to do that and PLEASE don't do it. He argued with me and I still told him no. So I thought he had the message and went about the bus thing and getting everyone breakfast and so forth.
Fast forward a few hours and I see that the cinnamon and stuff is still out so I figured I should make some more and get things put away. When I opened my sugar bin, this is what I found.
Yep, you guessed it. He made his own. He said it he just accidentally dropped some in there. That would have been an unfortunate accident that I could have fixed. However, he also accidentally mixed the cinnamon so it was spread evenly around the sugar.
Resigned to my fate and a little perturbed I grab a bowl and ladle and start scooping, hoping that some of the sugar at the bottom would be spared. No such luck. I now have a large tupperware container full of about 5 lbs of cinnamon and sugar. Add insult to injury I found he and Emma with cups full of it dumping it by the spoonful all over the tramp and back porch, oh and eating it too. He's a little exasperating sometimes.
So needless to say, things have been "fun" around here lately. Hopefully we can move our attentions to the out of doors soon so his dad can clean up his little experiments. Little boys can sure keep you hopping.
Resigned to my fate and a little perturbed I grab a bowl and ladle and start scooping, hoping that some of the sugar at the bottom would be spared. No such luck. I now have a large tupperware container full of about 5 lbs of cinnamon and sugar. Add insult to injury I found he and Emma with cups full of it dumping it by the spoonful all over the tramp and back porch, oh and eating it too. He's a little exasperating sometimes.
So needless to say, things have been "fun" around here lately. Hopefully we can move our attentions to the out of doors soon so his dad can clean up his little experiments. Little boys can sure keep you hopping.
2 comments:
Holy cow, Nonie! That little man is giving you a run for your sanity!
HA HA HA! So I have the same problems times 2! My boys have always been like that. Remember my egg incident?? That was just one of many. Last school year, I took Landon up to the bus stop.(takes only 3-5 mins.) Jace thought it would be fun to put a whole bag of dog food, detergent, ketchup, and mustard in the WASHER (for clothes). I have no idea what he was trying to cook or why he thought it was a good idea to use the washer, but I was not a very happy camper, especially since I was about 8 months pregnant! Oh the joys of motherhood.
Post a Comment