Wednesday, February 20, 2008

cabin fever


Is it just me, or does it need to dry out a little bit. The mud is so awful, and sticky, around my house that I had to drive, yes DRIVE, to my next door neighbors to visit her because we can't get there without taking my driveway with it. I'm starting to really wish I could go visit my parents so my kids can play outside. Lately they have been showing so very serious signs of cabin fever. Hannah has invented all sorts of creative activities for the two of them to pursue, the latest is going swimming. She came out in her swim suit and had James carrying his ready to put on, and the imagination begins. I wish I could have caught the first part of their "swimming adventure", it was a hoot to listen in on. Other creative things they have done are lining anything they could step on to make a bridge across the living room, paddling a boat (made of various toys that they used to make the bridge), getting out all of my blankets and scattering them all over the house, and a few more that I'm sure are going to manifest themselves over the weeks to come. I'll post as I get the chance. I'm glad that, for the most part, they have been playing really cute together. There are only a few moments when they are making each other scream that I wish they wouldn't play together, but for the most part I am grateful they have been able to entertain themselves. Anyone is more than welcome to come and join us for stark crazy fun and join in our winter time craziness!

No comments: