Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!


Today has been a much anticipated day at our house. Hannah received her preschool calendar at the first of the month and has been eagerly awaiting this day. On Monday we started working on her valentines for school, and Tuesday she finished them, all by herself. Wednesday she woke and immediately asked me if was night yet. She wanted to go back to sleep so it could be Valentines Day.

So the big day finally arrived. She got to wear her heart skirt (she was excited, but her mom wished she would have worn one of her cuter outfits) and have pig tails. She had a blast at her party and got to be the "leader" and pass out napkins and stuff.

The kids and I cut out a ton of hearts out of recycled paper from Cameron's work and then stuck them all over his office while he was gone. He wasn't supposed to be back till five, so we only had about 15 minutes until he got back. :O Hannah had so much fun surprising her dad and ruined the surprise by dragging him in to show him right off the back. He said she wouldn't go around the corner with him, but waited for him to see it first. It was way cute. Maybe next time we'll actually find some red and pink paper. ;)

Tonight we prepared just a few Valentines for friends that weren't at school and I took them around. I tried to make it as fun as when I was a kid. It was always the goal to knock and get away without getting caught. Sometimes you were chased clear down the street! It was so fun and I tried to get my kids in the act. Instead of running away, I more or less dragged James while telling them to hurry. Someday it's going to be even more a blast. The best part of Valentines growing up was when my Mom would sneak out of the house and ring the bell. She always managed to get out of the house without us noticing and we never caught her before she'd get back in the house. We got some cool stuff in those days, and I even still have a ring my mom got for me. Life's fun because I get to be the mom and do the same thing. Hannah was so excited to go to the door and find her Valentines waiting for her. This year James got a Cars shirt and Hannah got a package of underwear (I know I'm lame, but she really was excited. and did you know they go from a size 4 to a 6!!) Cameron bought himself new ties, shirts, socks, and even a suit (for only $80, what a good shopper) while he was up north, so he kind of stole my ideas for Valentines, like he usually does, but I had fun watching him try on everything. He looks awesome. To cap off our really boring night, he let the kids watch a movie, and James has taken the moment of inatentiveness to sneak into his chocolate. Maybe tomorrow Cameron and I will get some "us" time, but we'll see...

No comments: