Hannah just competed in our county's rodeo queen contest. Our wonderful friend, and adopted grandma, made her the cutest outfit. We found a belt at the DI and got her zipper in her shoe fixed so she could go on stage. I didn't know how things were going to go. She did it last year but didn't feel the need to give her speech when she was on stage. Yesterday she was pulling some of the same stuff and refused to do her speech in front of everyone. I was pretty perturbed at the little cutie because she knows her speech perfectly. Somehow she pulled through and we didn't call grandma and grandpa and tell them not to come. She was a little confused when she got there because things weren't set up the way she was expecting, so I had to go talk to her and let her know she had to do her speech Now because there was no later. She finally got up there and did her stuff. I'm so glad everyone got to see my little darling and that she proved to herself that she can do it. They gave each of the pee-wee contestants their own crown and individualized sash. Hannah was the Sweetie Queen. We stopped by the Ideal Dairy for some ice cream when it was over, and all in all it turned out pretty good. Good job Hannah!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Rodeo Queen
Hannah just competed in our county's rodeo queen contest. Our wonderful friend, and adopted grandma, made her the cutest outfit. We found a belt at the DI and got her zipper in her shoe fixed so she could go on stage. I didn't know how things were going to go. She did it last year but didn't feel the need to give her speech when she was on stage. Yesterday she was pulling some of the same stuff and refused to do her speech in front of everyone. I was pretty perturbed at the little cutie because she knows her speech perfectly. Somehow she pulled through and we didn't call grandma and grandpa and tell them not to come. She was a little confused when she got there because things weren't set up the way she was expecting, so I had to go talk to her and let her know she had to do her speech Now because there was no later. She finally got up there and did her stuff. I'm so glad everyone got to see my little darling and that she proved to herself that she can do it. They gave each of the pee-wee contestants their own crown and individualized sash. Hannah was the Sweetie Queen. We stopped by the Ideal Dairy for some ice cream when it was over, and all in all it turned out pretty good. Good job Hannah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats on being named the Sweetie Queen, Hannah! That's quite an accomplishment!
Hannah, you look so cute! I love the cowboy hat! Future Rodeo Queen in the making, that's for sure!
Way to go Hannah!
Post a Comment