Sunday, November 16, 2008

Finally getting there


It's been a minute since I was able to post on the playhouse project, but that's because we've spent a lot of time over working on it. This past weekend we got all the windows in, put up the railing, and built a ladder. I just can't tell who's more excited, me or the kids! Cameron has done a fabulous job and I'm so grateful he's so handy. All we have left is to wrap it, put in the doors, build a set of stairs and put in a hatch for inside and then eventually put on siding. We also have plans to attach a swing set, slide off the balcony, and (at my request, because I think it would SO fun) a fireman's pole. Hopefully it has the potential for a lot of make believe and will give my kids a wonderful place to play while we build our house. Oh, and Merry Christmas kids! The rest of Christmas is probably going to revolve around your furnishings as well.

6 comments:

Kateenie said...

That's an amazing playhouse. I impressed with the skills of you and your husband.
I imagine that imagination will run as wild as the kids in that playhouse.

Donnie and Kristi said...

Holy crap! My poor kids don't even have a swing set. The award for coolest parents goes to you guys!

~Kreitzers said...

That looks so fun! I can't imagine what people must think seeing you build a shed and a playhouse....it probably keeps people guessing in which you are planning on living :) :) :)

Cheryl said...

HOW FUN! That's an amazing playhouse. And an even better idea to build it BEFORE your house so your kids have a place to play while you work on the new house. Ingenious!

kalie said...

That is probably the sweetest playhouse ever. So impressed with Cameron's mad skills. Love the Halloween pictures as well... what's in a "Dirty Rat"?

Cameron and Nonie said...

Kalie, the dirty rat is a meat loaf with Italian sausage in it with the hamburger. Then you dump spaghetti sauce over the top when you cook it. You add the face and the curly fry tail when it's all done. Looks gross but taste great!