Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snow day like today



The Snowman
We almost dried out. Almost. I could even make it to my mailbox. James had been riding his bike outside almost everyday, and we getting close to being able to put more rock down. And then it snowed. ALL night. The power went off a few times and we woke up to about 6-8 inches. We lazed about all morning and then Cameron decided he should probably go scrape our walks. Hannah and James totally got themselves ready for the snow, with minimal help from their tired momma, and headed out to join him. Just a little bit later Cameron came in and asked me to get Emma ready, because they were going to build a snowman. My kids have been waiting to build one all year, but Cameron's been busy or the snow's been bad. Apparently today brought excellent snow. The kids made snow angels and helped put togther their "man". Complete with the carrot nose. Emma wasn't thrilled to be out in the snow until Dad brought out the 4-wheeler to take the kids sledding in the field behind our house. They had so much fun, and I got my floors mopped. It was perfect weather and none of them got cold. I continued to get some stuff done (can we say nesting) and they all had a nap. What a fabulous and chill day.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like a great day! Hey, thanks so much for all you did for the daddy daughter date. My crew said that it was really fun and the food was great!
Jamie

Michelle said...

The last couple of posts wont let me see all the pictures. Maybe it's just my computer, but if it's not I just thought that I would let you know! And BTW, we need to see a picture of your prego self before you have that sweet little baby! Don't be shy!