Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lazy Dayz!

Yesterday was the holiday and I have never seen my family so lazy. Cameron got up with the kids in the morning (the baby was up lots so I slept in) and watched cartoons and fed them breakfast. Then everyone ended up in our bed before I had the chance to move. When I went in for breakfast, Cameron informed the kids that he wanted to make cookies. Hannah was excited and thought we were just going to make the frozen ones we have in our freezer, but Cameron informed her he was going to make the cookies from scratch. Apparently my kids don't realize that with 12 brothers and sisters, if you want a snack, you make it yourself, there aren't frozen ones. He had Hannah and James sitting on either side of the mixer and let them "take turns" putting in the ingredients. They had a blast. So you don't think we are totally lazy, Cameron did put together a surveying thing for a cub scout group, so he spent most of the afternoon working on that.

As for me, I got up and got ready to go to town. I've been in desperate need of going to the store and looking at clothes. To date I only had one pair of levi's to wear that didn't have holes in them or just didn't fit. So I left and went shopping. (update: I did find me some pants!) When I came home and looked at my family it dawned on me, nobody, but the baby and I, had gotten dressed for the day. Cameron and both kids were still in their pajamas. Later that night when it was bed time, Cameron told the kids to go get their jama's on. I pointed out that they were all ready in the pajama's so what was the point. All in all, my kids had a great time just hangin' with their dad, and Cameron got to be me for the day (sometimes he comes home and I'm still wearing what I had on the night before). The kids had so much fun playing with James' new Tonka truck and bouncing through the house. Not to mention eating cookies all day. It was fun to just relax and be home for a few minutes without any outside obligations.

No comments: