Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Picture day

Oh, Picture day. I was a having a few flashbacks this morning about when I was little. I had a few scary pictures when I was younger. One year my smile was totally crooked, and I remember my mom having smile with my lips closed to hide the fact that my teeth had fallen out. I also had mega bangs for most of my childhood, actually until 8th grade and they were always curled, fluffed, and sprayed into not moving. My favorite was the few times that LaNae did my hair. She would do the total 80's do with the hair sprayed on the sides while you blow dried it. It was awesome. I also had a few perms back in the day. Sigh. Oh, the memories. Well, today was Hannah's first picture day and I really didn't have much to put on her. You'd think I buy something super cute to wear, but I'm a slacker when it comes to shopping, so we just wore one of her newer shirts. The only thing new was the flower that I made for her last night. Hopefully it's not too tacky, but it made her super excited. This is a picture of how I sent her to school, we will just have to wait and see if hair looks anything close to this by the time she gets her picture taken. She's been threatened to not mess with the hair and had a lecture on not licking her lips because it makes them dry and flaky. And to not ruin her day, because she's excited to get her picture taken, I didn't tell her she was getting a flu shot right after school. ;) I the meanest mom. I love her cute dimples in this picture, they're just like her dads.

4 comments:

Taylor Family said...

She looks adorable. I remember teaching school and trying to get the kids to not get messy until after pictures. Sometimes it worked, other times we came out with some interesting pictures, cute nonetheless.

Kris said...

Nonie!
Long time no see!!
We really miss you! Darin and I used to be good at keeping in touch with HOPE choir members but haven't for years now.
How is everything! Do they still do HOPE choir alumni stuff because we havent heard from them forever! (maybe that was our downfall?) Anyways, 3 beautiful kids you and cameron have. We are on our 3 girl, were just waiting for her to come out!!! Please keep in touch!
Love Kris and Darin Naisbitt

kalie said...

She's a cutie. How do you make the barette?

Liz said...

How cute. I am sure they will turn out cute!! Happy late birthday to cameron!
Liz