Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Shed (or all of Cameron's friends wish they had one too)

So, it's been a minute since I updated about our little building project. For those who don't know, we bought a piece of property over the summer and started to put a shed on it to store stuff. It's a little bigger than what we first imagined, but why not build it so you don't have to add on later, right? ;) It will definitely end up being great for the wheelers, and other junk, plus a workshop for Cameron. We aren't going to start the house until next spring, so you might say we're getting practiced up.

Cameron's uncle tore down an old garage and we got most of the walls and that gave us a good start. A couple of our friends from our ward (Garrett and Nyle), plus Cameron's dad, mom, and sister, have all helped to get the thing built. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've even braved the scary ladder and spent time screwing down the roof. Most of my time has been spent entertaining the kids, who have actually been quite wonderful during the whole process.

We have gotten everything ready to go and are just waiting for the garage doors to be installed and to find out how much the siding is going to cost (I can already say "ouch" on that one). In the mean time, we are building the kids a play house (finally) so that they have a place to play when we spend the next year or more building.Roof on, no windows

Wrapped, windows installed, and ready for siding and doors.

The pad for the playhouse. Now we are on to the walls.


6 comments:

Kristy said...

That's one big shed! Joey would have Shed Envy for sure! Looks like lots of fun...I can't wait until we can build our dream home...

The Eyre's said...

Looks great! I have to say I'm a little jealous. Should a girl have shed envy? I guess I'm just growing weary of the junk on the side of my house that would go perfectly in a nice big shed like that!

kalie said...

Hi Nonie, so exciting! I can't even begin to imagine the day when we will actually OWN property! Lucky ducks!

Emma J said...

Hey, I saw your comment on Melissa's blog and came over to check out your site. (The shed looks great!)

It was really fun to see you guys during the funeral.

*** MaryJan

ALICIA said...

Lookin' great!!

Sheryl said...

That is very cool! I am jealous. I have all sorts of stuff that would store very nicely in a shed. How in the world do we acquire so much stuff?. How exciting and busy--good luck with it all.