She is the queen of cool and thinking straight and called her neighbor who is a sheriff's officer. He came over, as well as one of his on-duty buddies. Lucky for us they were able to break into the car and I made it home. Emma was amazing and just kept looking at me like "get me out mom. What are you waiting for?" She did start to get a little sad right before they got the lock switched. Thanks Tamarie, Chris, and Mr. sheriff man, without you I probably would have started to cry.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Don't lock the keys in the car, and espcially not the baby
So, I was over at my friend Tamarie's house last week. She had been watching my kids while I volunteered at school. When I finally got around to leaving I buckled Emma in the carseat and went around the house to help James put away the bike he'd gotten out. I got back to the car and went to open the door and it was locked. In fact, all of my doors were locked and my baby was looking calmly looking at me. The problem was that James had been playing in there while I was visiting and I didn't realize he'd hit the lock on the door when I shut it to help him out. And yes, my keys are in the ignition, I have no idea where the spare is (I have to find that this winter) and Cameron is out of town. So, I knocked on Tam's door and said, "Tam, James locked my baby in my car."
She is the queen of cool and thinking straight and called her neighbor who is a sheriff's officer. He came over, as well as one of his on-duty buddies. Lucky for us they were able to break into the car and I made it home. Emma was amazing and just kept looking at me like "get me out mom. What are you waiting for?" She did start to get a little sad right before they got the lock switched. Thanks Tamarie, Chris, and Mr. sheriff man, without you I probably would have started to cry.

She is the queen of cool and thinking straight and called her neighbor who is a sheriff's officer. He came over, as well as one of his on-duty buddies. Lucky for us they were able to break into the car and I made it home. Emma was amazing and just kept looking at me like "get me out mom. What are you waiting for?" She did start to get a little sad right before they got the lock switched. Thanks Tamarie, Chris, and Mr. sheriff man, without you I probably would have started to cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I did that last summer in florida...luckily it was at night and it was raining so it wasn't too hot but I know that panic feeling!! I'm glad I'm not the only one:)
I hate that feeling. I have locked my keys in my car several times.. ONce with Tyson in it when he was a baby, but I had a kid down the street watch Tyson and the car while I ran home and got my spare set or a phone I can't remember so I could call onstar. I was greatful for that! Glad yo got her out quickly. Thank heavens for Chris right?
liz
Which is why Kevin bought me a car that will not lock if the keys are in the ignition. :)
Oh, but they were partly pulled out so that I didn't have to listen to the beeping noise, so I'd still be out of luck. ;)
Nonie!! I can't believe that you have three kids! They are so dang adorable. Oh my heck! It was so fun to find your blog! You are so adorable. I'm terrible about email and all those kinds of things, but I really do miss staying in touch with everyone! I hope that life is going great for you. Sounds like it is! Love ya :)
That totally sounds like something I would do...
Post a Comment