This year, like every year, we headed to St. George so that Easter could be somewhat warm, and we weren't disappointed! The weather was beautiful and I was finally able to take Emma outside without being bundled up, it was wonderful. We left on Thursday night so that the trip wouldn't be so rushed. On Friday morning Cameron and I were able to sneak away and attend the temple and then go out to eat (we love grandma!) and then we took the kids hiking on the Red Hill later that afternoon. James was mister independent and I though that I might have a heart attack the whole time we were up there. Heights become a whole new fear when you have three little kids running around with no fear for their safety. Luckily we survived thanks to the help of my cute niece Emily, who helped hold hands and run after little girls. That night for dinner my two older brothers and their families all came over to my mom's and we had a fun dinner enjoying the backyard. I was a little bummed out because LaNae wasn't able to make it from Vegas and Melissa and Arlyn are off in Indiana. Holiday traditions aren't the same when everybody isn't their to share in the fun. My mom was great and helped fill Easter baskets and helped the Easter Bunny find my girls cute matching dresses. And of course Cameron and I didn't finish our shopping until 11:30 that night, but came home and hid the kid's Easter stuff without any problems.
On Saturday the kids got up and went looking for their Easter hidden in the living room. They were so excited for their new clothes and shoes, and of course the candy. Hannah was a little sad for her parents because the Easter Bunny didn't bring them anything. She kept asking me why we didn't get something, try to explain that to an inquisitive four year old. I think I was finally evasive enough and she stopped asking. I was really looking forward to heading out the "middle of nowhere" to do an easter egg hung, hike, and have our picnic, but was unable to locate my siblings, and was eventually voted down by my hubby and in laws and stayed at my moms instead. We ate lunch and colored eggs before having a hunt in the backyard. Mason and his family showed up in time to helped us collect all the eggs and eat the goodies. The kids had a blast and all too soon we were headed home. Hannah told Miss Carma at church the next day that I made her come home. I would have loved to have stayed, 70 degrees is awesome, but I was privileged to sing a solo with the ward choir and we had to come back. I can't wait to sneak away again soon and stay for a few days and play some more. Thanks family for the great weekend, and those who weren't there, you were missed.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is that grocery cart an antique? We have one just like that that Ali plays with. It was mine when I was little so ours is definitely an antique. My mom saved it of course (along with everything else I've ever owned).
Yeah, it's antique. It's been around since I was little. The handle's fallen broken off, but it still works. James loves to push it around whenever we are down there. Those old toys are the best aren't they?
Post a Comment