Sunday, March 9, 2008
Reflections
I had to stop for a moment and ponder about my kids. Sometimes I get a little caught up in being a mom and where I'm supposed to be and how my kids are supposed to act that I forget things. This morning I was running my kids out the door to get to church on time. Hannah was just standing there and I barked at her to get to the car, we had to go. She said "mom, can you hear? The birds are singing 'good morning'." Unfortunately I rushed her to the car in my hurry to be somewhere else. I didn't realize how perceptive my four year old is as the spring unfolds around her and how deadened my senses are with my "concerns" over such trivial things like being early for church, until I was driving home from church and noticed that the birds are returning. I hope that I can be more like my kids and remember how wonderful the world is around me. It's not about where we need to be, but about being where we are and enjoying the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So true! I'm working on the same thing! Just slowing down & enjoying life. Hey I was going to tell you I am now a ModBe consultant...so let me know if you want to see any swimsuits. :-)
What a great reminder. Landon is always doing that for me, reminding me to slow down. I KNOW now that being a working mom isn't the kind of mom I want to be. I feel like everywhere I am I have to be hurrying just because that's how my life is set up. Although I'm not SUPER pumped about moving to Richfield I do look forward to life slowing done a little bit.
Post a Comment