Friday, March 14, 2008

walking

The weather this morning was awful. I woke up to snow just as spring was showing it's head (welcome to Utah!) and have had a lot on my mind today. Cameron went snowmobiling, I got all of Hannah's stuff together for kindergarten registration (FYI, the local Health Department doesn't take cards, just cash or check), actually went shopping so I could get some things together for a baptism luncheon tomorrow, and then to top it all off, Cameron's grandpa is not doing well after his hip surgery a few days ago. I pulled myself together while James was sleeping and got to have fun doing a hair and make-up run through for one of the girls in my ward for the upcoming prom. When I got home the sun was out and there was only a little chill in the air. I bundled up Emma and the kids and I went for a walk. Hannah, of course, has to ride her bike when we go and we'd only gotten a block away before we had to stop for our second break. While we were chatting about life and going to kindergarten (the main topic these days) she told me, "Mom, don't worry about me being gone. It's just like on Pocahontas, 'I'll always be with you'." Apparently she's watched a little too much television these days. It was so nice to get some exercise and listen to Hannah chat about life. My kids are awesome to take for walks because they don't complain and manage to entertain themselves. I have to keep a close eye on Hannah because she starts imagining things while she rides and gets into her own little world. She makes me nervous because she becomes oblivious to the world around her and starts swerving all over the road. If you need some entertainment and a good scare, come and join us. :)

No comments: