Monday, March 3, 2008

Emma's Blessing Day


What a wonderful occasion. First off I just wanted to tell all my amazing family members "Thank you" all though that won't even come close to saying how much I appreciate and love them all. Without them, the occasion wouldn't have been the same. Thanks a million times over.

The whole thing started months ago. We waited until March to bless Emma so that hopefully most of the nasty colds and such would be over before taking her out to church. That plan worked pretty good, except that Cameron got put in the Bishopric and she's been going to church for a while now. Because of the shear number of family members Cameron and I both have, we rented the community center back in January to accommodate everyone for dinner. My good friend Sue offered to make her blessing dress when I was about seven months along. I gladly said yes, my mom had to fix my last attempt at sewing a dress, and I went and got to pick it up on the Wednesday before. It was simple but absolutely beautiful. Sue had been trying to find fabric for a while, but found some at Wal-Mart in Vegas for $1 a yard, and it's washable!

On Thursday Cameron and I went to Wal-Mart to figure out food. We were trying to make the day and the whole weekend simple so that we could spend the time with our families, so we ordered deli trays and this time I opted not to spend Saturday making rolls, so we bought them instead. Friday was fun because we got to go and hang out with Cameron's family while he helped Lauri and Brad get to the cabin on snowmobiles. (that tale will have to be told by Lauri, but it was quite an adventure!) We finally got home around ten o'clock that night, and then woke up early on Saturday to finish a few projects and wait for the rest of the fam to get here. LaNae and Mark dropped Jake and Sami off for a while, which my kids loved, and then we went over to pick up the food. Just to show you how small Richfield is, we met my brother Kasey there completely by accident and then met up with LaNae within a half hour. It's a small world that's for sure. My mom and dad made it shortly after we all came to my house and then I went shopping with my sister's, Charlee, mom and Great-grandma. It was so much fun. Then my family headed to their hotel for the night. Sorry, there just isn't room at my house for every(any)one.

Church was at nine o'clock, so we had a lot of prep the night before so we could get there without any problems. Poor Emma started screaming right after Cameron blessed her, only to be discovered during Relief Society that she was being poked in the back by a forgotten pin. Poor thing, I felt so bad. Cameron's sisters went over and got the food all set out for us so it was ready for lunch at 12:30. It was a wonderful day, and to top it off, we got to hang out with family for the rest of the afternoon and ended they day at Great-grandpas. Perfect, just like my little baby.Emma and Grandma Sue

Just one of the three tables full of family

Four generations

3 comments:

~Kreitzers said...

SOOOOO cute! I love the black and white shots, she's such a doll!

Michelle said...

I love blessing day pictures. I haven't been able to get one of those cute blessing "dresses" yet, but I guess blessing tuxedos are just as cute.:)

Jenny said...

Thanks for having us for the blessing, we had a great time!