Sunday, March 23, 2008

warning: child should never be left alone!





Oh, James. It was such a nice Easter Sunday. Hannah put herself down for a nap and I was just finishing up with Emma and decided to take some pictures of my kids in their cute Easter outfits. Well, my camera was out in the car so I took Emma out with me to grab it and saw Grandma Dean and went next door to visit. Cameron found me on her back porch when he came in a little later and walked over to visit for a while. He asked me where the kids were and I said they were in the house. We decided we'd probably better go check on James to make sure he wasn't getting into anything, and with his track record, that's a pretty good idea. We walked into the house and I gasp. He has this dark yellow/orangey color all over his hands and on the cuff's of his sleeves, plus on various places on his face. My first thought is "what is that, and where did he get it from?" My investigation took me just a short walk into the kitchen where I found an even bigger mess. The little stinker had moved a chair over and climbed onto the counter and gotten into my spice cupboard. There he found the food coloring and dumbed, dropped, and squirted almost the entire bottle of yellow all over the place. I have no one to blame but myself, but it would sure be nice if he had a daily warning label so I could be a little more on the ball and maybe prevent some of his more creative disasters. I haven't tried getting the dye out of his clothes, but baby wipes helped take the color off the counter, stove, microwave and cupboard. Our skin still has a slight tinge of sickly yellow, but I hope the pictures will last forever, because my little boy won't.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Nonie - I would have died!!! At least he managed to get most of it on him. My friends daughter drew with perminent marker on her their baby...yeah, it didn't come off him for a few days. Gotta love kids!

Kristen said...

Just a little more on his face and he could have been an uumpaluumpa!